Employment History, an Applicant Element, is used to seek employment history information from applicants. These employment history settings are globally applied to all job templates and posted jobs when employment history is included as part of a job template. Users with permissions will have an opportunity when creating a template or posting a job to activate employment history and designate it to Part 1 or Part 2 of an application on a job-by-job basis.
Employment History Fields
The following employment history fields are available in your hiring system. The From/To Dates, Job Title, Employer, and City/State fields will always be required when using employment history. By default, the Reason for Leaving and Job Responsibilities and Notes fields will be set as Optional and the Instructions to Applicants will be blank.
- Instructions to Applicants: Optional
- From/To Dates: Required
- Job Title: Required
- Employer: Required
- City/State: Required
- Reason for Leaving: Required, Optional, or Hide
- Job Responsibilities and Notes: Required, Optional, or Hide
Employment History Settings
The Account Administrator can change the default fields from Optional, Required or Hide for all job templates and can include detailed Instructions to all applicants using the text editor.
- Select Applicant Elements > System > Employment History from the menu.
- Review employment history settings:
- Add text in the Instructions to Applicants field to provide directions to your applicants. If used, this text will show on the Employment History page of every application. Since this is an optional field if left blank it will simply not be shown.
- Select the preferred setting for the Reason for Leaving field to either Required, Optional, or Hide.
- Select the preferred setting for the Job Responsibilities and Notes field to either Required, Optional, or Hide.
- Click Save to confirm the changes.