For video, see [Video] Posting a Job.
Using your newly created job templates, you are now ready to review additional system settings and applicant sources and post your first job to find and hire the right applicants.
Your online hiring system includes the ability to automatically collect EEO or OFCCP information from job applicants and provide the data needed for annual government reporting. Account administrators can activate or deactivate this feature by clicking System Settings and then selecting either EEO or OFCCP.
Once activated, the EEO and OFCCP job category will be selected at the time of posting the job, and will become part of the application job seekers fill out.
Read more about System Settings: EEO/OFCCP.
Applicant sources are the origin of your applicant traffic or where applicants will find your job posting. The hiring system can identify the applicant source when a job application is submitted. By default, the online hiring system will include the following pre-populated sources:
Read more about Applicant Sources and review the list of default sources in your system.
Activate Applicant sources
An applicant source is where the job applicant found your job. In order for the system to track and provide metrics, each of your Applicant Sources must be activated by the account administrator.
- From the main navigation, click Applicant Sources.
- Click the source title to open the source.
- Use the toggle switch to change the source to Active.
Create new applicant sources
Know of a great source of applicants, but don’t see it on the list?
- From the main navigation, go to Applicant Sources.
- Click +Create New Source.
- Give your source a name.
- Select the category for that source from the drop-down.
- Click Save.
Now that you added a new source to your list, you can generate a link directly from within any job and give it to the source so they can add your job to their board. When an applicant submits a job application, the system will automatically identify the source of that applicant.
Read more about Generating Applicant Source Tracking Links.
Posting a job
Once you have created a Job Template, you can post it so that people can apply to it. The action of posting a job must be performed from the template itself. The selected elements and content become the online application that a job seeker fills out.
- Open the Job Template tab from the main menu.
- Find the job you'd like to post, click on the ⋮ menu, and select Post Job.
- Review previous template content for accuracy before posting:
- Step #1 Information Elements and click CONTINUE to proceed.
- Step #2 Review Applicant Elements and click CONTINUE to proceed.
- Step #3 Review Processing Elements and click CONTINUE to proceed.
- Select final required posting details during Step #4 Post Job:
- Posting Details:
- Compensation Range is a required field in which you must enter a numerical dollar amount (without the dollar sign) or select the checkbox for Depends upon skills and experience.
- Assign the job to a Location by selecting a location from the drop-down. This is a required field that originates from the locations within your hiring system's Org Chart.
- If EEOC or OFCCP is activated, select an EEO Job Categories which is a required field.
- Assign Users: This optional field allows you to add users as a member of the hiring team by searching in the box and selecting them. When users are added to the hiring team, the job will show in their Dashboard and My Jobs tab in accordance with their assigned user permissions. (This is optional, and you will have the option of assigning users at a later time after posting the job.)
- In the Job Distribution Details section, you have the option to "Turn AutoRefresh on for this job" by selecting "Yes" from the drop-down. AutoRefresh enables posted jobs to re-post automatically after 30-days to the job boards to which they were fed. Refreshing the job will bring it back to the top of the job boards for increased visibility and applicant flow.
- Posting Details:
- When finalized, click POST JOB. Your hiring system will feed to select job boards (when those applicant sources are activated) and your Career Site.
Note: During the posting process, if you edit an element and elect to "Save As," it will create a new copy rather than saving over the existing element.
View Posted Jobs
Follow these steps to view your newly posted job:
- Open Jobs from the main menu.
- If assigned to the posted job, it will be visible in your My Jobs tab.
- Account Administrators will find each posted position in the All Jobs tab; however, metrics for each job will show in the dashboard only if the account administrator is added as a member of the hiring team.
- When does my position appear on job boards?
- On what job boards do my positions appear?
- Posting to Social Media
Previous: Getting Started (Step 4): Adding users