Your job title and job description are important to an effective recruiting process. The Hyrell Online Hiring System follows the standards of the most popular internet job boards. Following the best practices below ensure that your job will not get flagged as spam by the job boards and attract quality applicants.
Job Title Best Practices
- Use proper title case (Human Resources Manager) rather than all capital letters
- Avoid abbreviations in the job title such as "CNA" and use "Certified Nursing Assistant" instead
- Remove all click-bait words from your titles, such as "Sign on Bonus" or "12 Hour Shifts"
- These items should be properly listed in the benefits and/or job description
- Job titles should be specific to one job, not Receptionist / Cashier
- If hiring for more than one position, multiple job postings are suggested
- Avoid organizational jargon, if you call Human Resource Manager the "People Specialist" internally, but job titles should be common
Job Description Best Practices
- In the job description itself, don't list keywords as this can potentially trigger jobs to be marked as Spam
- The job description is the best location for attractive position details such as "Sign on Bonus" or "12 Hour Shifts"
- These descriptors could also be included in the benefits section as well