As defined throughout the Hyrell system, a User Role is defined as "What a User Can Do" and Assignments are defined as as "What a User Can See.” There is one other governing feature and that is Authorizations.
Authorizations are a means by which the Primary Contact can grant selected Users access to more sensitive areas of the application including:
- Access EEO data and reports
- Access any Integrated Services features such as ordering a background check, initiating a personality assessment, etc.
To access the Authorizations area, click Admin > Authorizations
Simply select the checkbox next to a user’s name to provide authorization for that specific area of the tool, and then click update to save your changes.
Users can be authorized to view:
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Data
- Behavioral Interview and Pre-Employment Test Scores
- Sage HRMS Employee Data Information
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Compliance Management
- Electronic Onboarding Documents
- The only individual who can make Authorizations within the system is the Primary Contact
- Any User, regardless of her/his User Role, may be granted an Authorization (it is not only for System Administrators).
- Any actions taken in the Authorizations tab are logged and displayed at the bottom of the page in the History section.
You only want 2 of your 10 System Users to be able to initiate Background Checks. One of these users has a User Role = System Admin and one of the Users has a User Role = Standard. The Primary Contact, through Authorizations, can grant each of those users Authorization to initiate background checks, assuming background checks is activated for your system.